can we talk for a minute?
If you just sang that in Tevin Campbell's voice, you just earned so many bonus points that you can redeem for us singing the song for you in person! If you have no clue what I'm talking about I will still sing for you... and dance and tell you you're pretty.
We're akia and mike.
We are married with two curly haired boys and we are pretty obsessed with each other. He calls me 'jefe' (boss in spanish) more than Akia and I can him babe, mikey, or my silver fox. We live in the burbs of Atlanta and would gladly spend our days in our cali king binge watching something on Netflix and eating ramen. On that note, Mike still makes fun of me for calling them RAY-men noodles instead of RAH-men noodles. That and saying "cheeesecake" in a really creepy deep voice on a work trip we once went on. In my defense, we weren't even dating then so I had no reason to act cute and pretend I hate food. We have a love affair with photo booths, great food is our love language, and every other weekend I want to purge our house because there are 2 messy babies that are only 15 month apart and so. much. stuff.
There are few things that make me happier than being around people in love. We all gravitate towards it. It's that couple that you can't stop glancing towards in the restaurant because he seems so obsessed with her every move and she can't pull her eyes away. It's talking to a friend and leaning in to really understand their dreams and ambitions. It's coming to a point in life where you are so in love with who you are and that amazing, shoulders back, screw anyone who doesn't get it, confidence that comes with it. That's what I can't get enough of.
Akia and Co. is my baby, but Mike is always around for sessions and weddings so might as well get to know him too. During sessions you can find him instructing groomsmen to do inappropriate things, carrying purses (and makeup bags, extra clothes, all that), and even pushing strollers (when we had to take a babe to a session in the earlier days). He's so humble and hilarious so I know you're going to love having him around too.
- If you could only listed to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be? Whatever It Is - Zac Brown Band
- You just won $1,000. What are you spending it on? Glossier makeup (why do I want to try this so much?!), v-neck t-shirts, and Vans!
- What tv show do you love that Mike hates? Teen Mom. I wouldn't say he hates it. He tolerates it, haha!
- Where's your favorite place that we've been together? Italy! I fell in a canal and we brought back home a baby. Bow Chicka Wow Wow!
- Which celebrity would you want to spend the day with? Bruno Mars. Oh! Or Lin-Manuel Miranda.
- You just built a Tiny House to rent as an Airbnb. Where is it? Somewhere with walk out access to the beach.
- Ocean or Pool? Ocean! It's vital to my happiness.
- One artist you wouldn't mind Mike never listening to again? E-40. Y'all he has albums out there that are 4 hours long. Why?
the silver fox.
- If you could only listed to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be? Beautiful Bliss - J. Cole ft. Wale
- You just won $1,000. What are you spending it on? Akia!!! And traveling some place fun.. and maybe some cool sneakers.
- What tv show do you love that Akia hates? SportsCenter.
- Where's your favorite place that we've been together? Italy because I'm pretty sure we made our son there.
- Which celebrity would you want to spend the day with? Jay Z. I'm a long time fan of his.
- You just built a Tiny House to rent as an Airbnb. Where is it? La Jolla or Malibu.
- Ocean or Pool? Ocean.
- One artist you wouldn't mind Akia never listening to again? *NSYNC or Backstreet Boys (all the boy bands of that time)